C for Programmers
- REQUIRED: Linux: We are going to use Linux as the development environment for this class.
- REQUIRED: Some method of transferring files from class computers to your home computer.
- REQUIRED: Email account.
The required text is
The C pocket reference.
- Structured programming in C.
- Proper care and use of C pointers.
- Dynamic memory allocation using C.
- Navigating in a Linux/Unix environment
- How to use basic Linux tools such as gcc and emacs.
- Using makefiles to compile simple to complex programs from multiple source files.
- How to write C programs that consist of many modules in different files.
- Dynamic and Static Libraries under C and Linux.
- Graphics with SDL.
- Getting around in Linux
- Basic C ( main, printf, scanf, variables, functions )
- Pointers and dynamic memory allocation
- GDB and Valgrind
- Threads and Sockets (time permitting)